Music and Me

It is no secret that the Nigerian music industry is making people pay serious attention what with Femi Kuti nominated for Grammy's...AGAIN mind you and Nneka getting the MOBO award as best African Act. So, in my bit to keep the flag flying I share with you some of my favorites for now.

Omawumi (Wonder Woman)
Banky W (The W experience)

Omawumi whose album FINALLY dropped some weeks back is hot on my list, I am loving every track on it especially “SAME GUY. FEAT WAJE AND KEL” “IN THE MUSIC” produced by Cobahms “LOVE IT. FEAT. SHANK” and “TODAY NA TODAY” in short the whole album too tap. Banky W's album will be out in like a few hrs time...can't wait, I will definitely pick up a copy on my way back from work, heard the track " Thief My Kele" and the "Lagos Party Remix" here and all I can say is hmmm!!! The video for the albums most popular track "strong thing" is not bad...I guess my beef is the fact that it was shot in Jo-Burg oh well we are getting there.

Below is my favorite video for now, it's Da-Grin's Pon Pon Pon. This one na Isale Eko video proper, it was directed by Gini, I will definitely keep my eyes on the look out for his work. To be honest the song makes me want to learn Yoruba...seriously even if it's just to be able to understand what he is saying! Oh well I guess I will have to do with asking Tayo "what is he saying?" like after every line. Nuf said...Enjoy!!!

PS: volume should be at highest when listening and play it at least 5 times...back to back.

1 comment:

Good Naija Girl said...

I'm praying hard that I'm able to make it to Naija in 2010 or 2011 and if so, I have a lot of music that I want to pick up like I did last year. Thanks for giving some new artists to look up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...