The Green woven Bag

I have not even had time to name the bag yet!


I made this bag a few months ago and for some reason I kept it away feeling that the time was not right to show it yet... maybe just maybe (bear with me will ya) it was because I was waiting till I made more and varied designs or maybe it was because even though I knew that it was a fantastic piece and the whole weaving thingy combined with leather worked out as I had hoped it would I knew know deep down that I am yet to get it right. There, I said it!

So, why am I putting it up now when I am yet to IMHO perfect the "craft" and when I am yet to make more blablabla? Well, my partner mistakenly put it up (So he claimed) I think he did it on purpose if you ask me cos he was all excited and practically begging me to allow him put it up when I completed it and I vehemently refused and when he insisted I feigned the wounded artisan and shed some tears at the appropriate time and for the appropriate duration and he said FINE!!! He will NEVER mention the green woven bag again EVER!!! and I felt I had won and of course thought that was that on the matter. ALAS! I was wrong cos a few days ago I saw the pictures on the website and I reminded him of his "promise" (which didn't go down well mind you) and when he saw that I was ready to activate "wounded artisan" mode he quickly removed it and swore never to blablabla again. 

But by then it was tooooo late cos a friend/customer called me asking about the bag that she saw albeit too briefly on the website and which was supposed to be "coming soon" anywhoos long and short she announced that wanted the bag and does not care what I think or how I feel about not getting it right, as far as she was concerned I can get it right on another piece but "The Green Woven Bag" had her name woven all over it. Needless to say I gave in (don't you dare judge me!)

So, that said enjoy more pictures after the jump and I would be happy to read your thoughts on the bag 😃

 Thanks to my student who turned model that day for posing with the bag




I wonder if anyone can guess the fabric used for the weave. Anyways, thanks a-lot for stopping by and may you never walk alone. 

P.S
Check back soon cos I have some more patchwork and Lady Safiya bags I am yet to share with you all...I wasn't kidding when I said I couldn't  make them bags fast enough.

Thank you so much for stopping by.

Xoxo

12 comments:

mizchif said...

The fabric looks like aso oke to me.

Good Naija Girl said...

The weaving of the bag is just beautiful, as is the contrast between the green material and the leather. Hurray!

Is the green material some sort of canvas? Or maybe nylon? It looks similar to the material used for backpacks, the part that is adjustable (terrible explanation but it's the best I can do).

I think your partner complements you really nicely! It seems like he challenges you to make bold moves...he probably knows that you have way more talent and potential than you'll ever admit to!

Gidan Nodza said...

Thanks guys for stopping by.
@ Mizchif: Hahahahah

@ GNG: Yeah he does... more than I'd care to admit :)

Opeyemi Oni said...

the bag is beautifulllll.....

Gidan Nodza said...

@ Opeyemi: Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Nice bag. Saw u on moments with MO. Good job.

Mamuje said...

I want this bag babe. Please how can I order? do you distribute to Abuja? I need the bad before my trip in 4 weeks. Woohoo. is that possible?

Gidan Nodza said...

@ Anon: Thank you for stopping by.

@ Mamuje: I have just sent you a mail. Thank you for stopping by.

Ginger said...

Before i clicked on the jump I had already murmured to myself 'i love this bag'. I think its the weaving and that particular shade of green. Excellent job!

Gidan Nodza said...

@ Ginger: Thank you, I think the weaving came out well myself :D

Anonymous said...

Just saw you now on moments with Mo. Your aspiration to sell at Harold's must come to pass. Pls how much are the bags?
Kudos

Gidan Nodza said...

@ Anonymous: Amen o! For our price list please check our website http://gidannodza.com or send me a mail with the name of the bag of your choice to houseofnodza@gmail.com and I will get back to you ASAP! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...